Feb 5, 2010 4:49 PM by Shannon Newth
GREAT FALLS- A fire at the Montana Refining Company in Great Falls on Thursday night has left one person hospitalized.
The incident occurred around 11:00 p.m. when a small propane fire was discovered at the facility, located near the intersection of the 9th Street Bridge and Smelter Avenue.
Great Falls Fire Marshal Doug Bennyhoff said that his agency responded to the scene with three trucks and 11 personnel.
Fire crews assisted the refining company's fire brigade in quickly extinguishing the flames and turning off the source of the propane.
One person was transported to the emergency department at Benefis hospital with burns to the face; that person's condition is not yet known.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.